(Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)
To train students to work as laboratory technicians and assist pathologists in their duties. As a lab technician, they must learn the techniques of collecting samples for routine and specialized tests conduct the tests and know how to analyse the outcomes of the test.
10+2 with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
Knowledge and Skills
- Pathology Laboratory orientation
- Basic Laboratory Glassware study
- Rinsing, Cleaning and Disinfection of Lab equipments
- Assisting technicians for collection of blood
- Patient Positioning & Care
- Medical Terminology for Medical Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory equipment handling
- Laboratory Procedures (Theory & Applied Learning Components)
- Quality Control in Medical labs
- Blood Grouping and collection procedures (Theory & Applied Learning Components)
- Trained in clinical biochemistry, blood bank and basic haematology
After completing this course students can pursue higher education in this discipline. Career aspect is promising after completion of the course and there's a good chance that it will be a booming career option in the near future. After completion of the course, one can start as a lab technician, lab assistant or can establish himself as an entrepreneur.